Stand and Fight to Victory
1) We ARE in a war. The war is between God and satan.
We and the angels are God’s army and the demons are satans’ army.
The battles we face are battles in this war- satan wages them to try and discourage us, to weaken our faith, to cause us to doubt Who God is, and to pull us away from God. John 10:10
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
God calls us to intimacy with Him and the enemy does all he can to draw us away from God. Jesus calls us to become more like Him to be transformed into the image of Christ – the enemy tries to keep us walking in the flesh.They are not so much about us as to score a point against God. But if we respond correctly, we will win that battle, we will draw closer to God and our faith will be increased! And we now have a testimony!! And scripture tells us in Revelation 12:11
“And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony “
2) It is a daily war. Do we stand by and let the enemy advance without resistance? That is what many of us do too often. Do we let the enemy attack and we don’t draw out our sword? The enemy is like a lion, constantly prowling the earth to see who is vulnerable to his attack. Do we let him develop his strategy and not seek God’s guidance to develop our strategy and use all the weapons He has provided for us?
James 4:7 Submit therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you
This is the secret to a victorious, overcoming life:
Take out your Sword!!! Read your Word. Meditate on it. Declare it our loud!!! Defeat the devil with it!
1 John 4:4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
3) There will be storms, trials, persecutions, this a given.
2 Timothy 3:12 Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
2 Corinthians 4:8-10 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed
But contrary to those who don’t know Jesus and have not accepted Him as their Lord, we have weapons given by God to fight with. We also are covered by the blood of Jesus, which provides all the benefits of His finished work on the cross: His victory over satan and his demons, His atonement for our sins and gift of righteousness, His authority, His protection.
(1)When we “plead” the blood, we are exercising our legal rights and setting forth our case that Jesus has shed His blood and died for me; therefore , satan has no right to rule me, accuse me, condemn me, or do anything else to me or to anything that belongs to me. (The Word, the Name, the Blood- Joyce Meyer)
4) Armor of God- The weapons given to us by God are clearly described in His Word. Most are defensive but the sword of His Word is an offensive weapon.
Eph 6: 10-18 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints
Little is often said about the “be strong in the Lord’ and “pray at all times in the Spirit” but these are important components of our battle, too
5) The Word IS a Sword
3 people hear the truth and living Word when you declare and pray Scripture: God, with whom His Word cannot return void; the devil, who recognizes the power in it and his defeat; and you yourself, and you are filled with power and increased faith as the Word fills your spirit.
Satan hates and fears the Word. He will do anything to prevent us from learning God’s Word. (see his strategy?) The reason: he knows that the Word of God is a powerful weapon against him!! The Word is what Jesus used to fight the devil when he was tempted in the desert- that is our example. The one offensive weapon in Eph 6 is the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God. But . . . a sword in its sheath is of no value. It MUST be taken our of the shield and wielded and used appropriately. The Holy Spirit in the believer knows exactly what Scripture to use in every situation. (Joyce Meyer- The Word, the Name, the Blood)
6) Pray in the Spirit – There are times when we do not know how to pray. But the Holy Spirit always knows what we need to say. We can surrender to the Spirit and pray in tongues, knowing we are asking what needs to be asked.
We also will often receive understanding and revelation while praying in tongues.
It is a good way to connect with God and be able to hear Him speak to you. He will give us the path to walk, the strategy to use.
The Holy Spirit is our power source.
7) Pray, don’t worry. We are instructed in Scripture to not be anxious but rather to pray. Phil 4:6-7 tells us “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Worrying is a fleshly response- yes, we feel the burdens, the trials and fear the outcome. But I have learned that the best thing to so when we feel worry start, when our problems wake us in the night , is to play worship music, get out your Bible and read the Word, fortify ourselves with both and pour our hearts out to the Lord . . . until we have peace- the peace described in the scripture above.
Prayer is one of the most powerful things we can do. It may seem passive but we actually are partnering with God and agreeing with Him. Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus . . .
8) Rest in the Lord – Hebrews 4: 9-12 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience
Jesus told us in John 15:5 “apart from me you can do nothing”. When we admit to God that we cannot win in our own strength, that we do not know what to do and we put our eyes on Him and lean on/rely on Him then He moves in our behalf. Waiting on God and standing before the Lord is actually a spiritual action (as demonstrated by Jehoshaphat in 2 Chron.20:13) We will gain our strength, our peace and joy from the Lord. Isaiah 40:31 tells us that “they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength”. (The Battle Belongs to the Lord- Joyce Meyer)
9) Worship as warfare – The purpose of worship is to glorify God. But is has many benefits as by-products and it is a powerful weapon. It lifts our eyes to the Lord and takes our focus off our circumstances; it strengthens our spirit; it overcomes the enemy. Satan was the lead worshiper of God so he hates it when we worship God with all our hearts. He decided he didn’t want to be a worshiper, instead he wants to be worshiped. So when we choose to worship our Lord, even when in the midst of trials and problems, we are taking a stand for God and waging an attack of sorts on the devil. Standing our ground and worshiping the Lord is taking a battle position.
As we worship, God is enthroned in our praises. We come into the manifest presence of God and yield ourselves anew to Him. Worship releases the anointing of God to break yokes (Isaiah 10:27). Satan can’t stand it when God gets all the glory. When we are yielded to God in worship, then God is able to show Himself strong on our behalf. Worship puts the enemy in perspective. God is in control. (Tim Barber at New Covenant Fellowship)
One of the most effective weapons is proclaiming the power of the name of Jesus, the word of God, and the blood of Jesus. These are powerful weapons – but to use them, you must launch them. You can launch your weapons with praise. When you praise God, you are extolling the power of His name, blood, and Word. (Worship Warfare- Michael Coleman, Integrity Music)
10) RISE UP. Be the warrior you need to be. “Resist the devil and he will flee”
*** Practical application: What is your battle?
What demonic spirits come against you?
Look up scripture to fight with: Read it, write it,declare it. Let it fill your spirit, renew your mind.